Who are we?
Family network that establishes comprehensive cooperation mechanisms between families of people with deafblindness and multiple disabilities on the international scene.
Our main objectives are to develop strategies for the strengthening of families, generate proposals for comprehensive care for closest relatives, achieve the recognition and legal visualization of the specific needs of families of people with disabilities, especially in the area of disabilities that strongly affect the development of communication skills.
Establish strategic alliances with families of people with deafblindness and multiple disabilities and with professionals worldwide with the purpose of conceiving collaborative teams that facilitate the care, training and vindication of families, makingan effective inclusion of people with deafblindness and multiple disabilities in the world.
- Design and establish the structure of the Family Network
- To make known to families and professionals of the Family Network
- Incorporate families and professionals into the Family Network
- Promote and generate collaborative teams of families by country
- Organize and carry out virtual and face-to-face activities
- Generate consultative documents on the needs, systems or mechanisms of care aimed at families
- Produce informative material on family matters on social networks
- Establish alliances with professionals in the area to generate specific training of interest to the members of thisregion.
- Promote advocacy mechanisms to achieve legal recognition with respect to the specific needs of families of people with deafblindness and multiple disabilities
Establish a Global Network of Families of People with Deafblindness and Multiple Disabilities, capable of conceiving social and legal changes that allow for comprehensive inclusion for people with disabilities and their families, without any discrimination.
Consolidate and strengthen families of people with deafblindness and multiple disabilities worldwide, forming collaborative teams in a significant number of countries with the purpose of generating social and legal changes.
Master in Multi Sensory Impairment at the University of Birmingham England, Specialist in education of people with Deafblindness at Perkins School for the Blind, Watertown, Massachusetts. Teacher in Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Teacher in Education of the Deaf. Professor and director of research line at the Catholic University of Córdoba and the Salesian Polytechnic University of Ecuador. Member of the ComCom Communication Committee of the DBI.
Yvette Gallegos Barro
Master in Multiple Disability and Deafblindness from Boston College. Degree in Special Education around blindness and visual weakness, Systemic Family Therapist with specialty in couple problems from the Kine Center of Barcelona and Existential Logotherapeutic Coach from SAPS Colombia. Communication Ambassador of the DBI.